Friday, December 28, 2012

Recently finished

Fresh from the workbench are these two Arabian ladies :)


This is Kalilah, an Egyptian Arab mare customized from the Breyer G1 stablemate Arab mare. She now has a new mane and tail, and some more facial details :)
I am also in love with her pedigree, as her sire, Abu Ali (r) is a son of Ibn Hafiza, my favourite Egyptian Arab sire! On top of that, she is an outcross to Nazeer (to whom 75% of al Egypt Arabs trace their lines nowadays).
 Her other side :) I used a rather strange filter for this picture... It came out too red, but I like the effect that it has... Like it was taken years ago.
 This lovely girl is Saheeba, a very pretty Crabbet Arabian mare. She is VERY TINY! She's about mini whinny, but she has so much detail! She used to be the Souvenir mini resin by Linda York. I believe that Souvenir was originally intended as a pony mare? But I resculpted her face, ears, mane, tail and backlegs, and after that painted her a light dapple grey.

I must say I'm VERY pleased with Saheeba's paintjob :D I don't usually paint anything other than stablemates as I am not the best painter (hehe). In fact, this is the first resin I ever painted :) So I'm very proud of myself that her paintjob came out so well.

Both these ladies are for my personal collection, so they will be displayed on my collection website as well.

Oh, and just on a side note, I have MANY awesome customs coming up! So stay tuned and I'll post some tomorrow :)

~Amy

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely very talented, don't say you can't paint, you certainly can. :) Do you have a before picture of the resin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! Yes, I do have a before picture: http://www.modelhorsegallery.info/Y/York/LYsouvenir.html

      Delete