Friday, February 1, 2013

More projects...

More progress on my current projects:


Firstly, the Chips Arab with the resculpted flipped tail and repositioned neck/head. He is now nearly finished in a nice simple black colour. He has some brown highlights too, but the pictures don't really show it unfortunately...

 Secondly, the lying down foal is getting painted a cute bay tobiano. Still a long way to go.
 The other Chips Arab is in the dappling process, which usually takes me several days on stablemate scale models.
 This little filly is new. She was customized from the G3 stablemate trotting foal. She is now in a nice floating trot. I am painting her a black rabicano with many TINY hairs.

 The standing foal is getting along very well too. He now has a dished face for an Arab look. I also lengthened his neck. Oh and his ears broke off in the process :P So I have to resculpt those too.


Now... The Milton custom. He is getting along quite well after driving me crazy for months! I asked several professional artists and people with knowledge of horse anatomy for their opinions. They told me to move back the left shoulder and move forward the left hindleg.
So, I got my dremel and knifes out and chopped him up once more:

 He looks scary! I never really saw the inside of a Breyer, so this was an interesting experience ;D
I started to rebuild his shoulder and below he is standing on his own with the first layer of Apoxie on.


 
I hope to work some more on the Milton this weekend, as I finally feel I'm on the right track with this guy :) And I REALLY want him off the workbench to have him look pretty on my shelves :P
 
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow Amy! Your work is turning out amazing! I might have to order a custom from you someday! ^.^ love it!

    ReplyDelete